So, the new year brings to mind resolutions and what my goals are for this coming year. I have several that have always been on the list, but I haven't really sat down to think about it till now. Here is what I have come up with so far:
1) daily prayers and scripture reading (making the Lord a real priority in my life)
2) daily gym attendance
3) always looking at the great gifts that I have in my life (concentrating on the positive rather than the negative)
4) attending the temple more
5) finding more opportunities to serve
6) get out of debt (or decrease debt more than I take on)
7) get my own place
8) open myself up to dating/relationships
9) hug more
10) forgive myself for the past and the lack of being perfect
11) have more confidence in myself
12) trust more
So that's my list so far. I believe that I have more will power to stick to them this year.
Also, as the new year came and went, I wondered what I did with the year that passed and here is what I found:
I started off the new year with friends, having a great time at the karaoke machine.
I celebrated my birthday by taking my niece to a princess breakfast and the Hanna Montana movie; and taking my nephew to the Monster Truck show which was awesome.
I spent a lot of time with family.
I went through the temple for the first time in May.
I was there for my sister's sealing in June when she was married.
I flew across the country with my 6 mo. old nephew to his new home in Pittsburgh. It was my third time flying, first with a baby, and my first time heading east when I have left the state. I miss my kids!
I took a trip with friends that I had only met a few times to Forks, WA for a purely fun trip, where I made so many great memories and friends who I know I will keep for lifetimes to come. We are planning the next trip for this year.
I hung out with some great people.
I watched movies I never would have thought of to watch (thanks to Jeff & Tim)
I grew closer to people in my ward.
I allowed myself to have my first crush in something like seven years.
I rejoiced with my brother when he got his mission call.
I celebrated both Thanksgiving and Christmas with my family.
I embraced my inner dork more and celebrated events with crazed fans for the Twilight book and movie.
All in all, I had a very productive year. A happy year. Yes, there were times of sorrow and heartbreak, but all in all I was happy. I think this year will open up to more happiness, but happiness is a choice, it is not something that just happens to you, so I need to choose to be happier.
I will face some hard things. Trevor leaving for his mission may indeed kill me. While I know it is for his best and the best of the people that he will serve in the name of the Lord, he is my best friend and I don't know how I will do without him. He is always the one to counsel me on the things that life sends to me and matters of the heart, my decoder for all things "men", my fun finder, and my walmart-fun companion. I don't know how I will do without him.
But, I will do my best. So, 2009, here I come.
May 2009 bring you the best that this life has to offer. May you find happiness, greater peace and enlightenment, and the answers to the questions that you ask.
1 comment:
i dig.
fully.
i like your retrospective appreciation of what last year gave, and a solid list for 09.
you'll survive while your brother is away--the Lord has a way of compensating for those who go off to serve Him.
keep being awesome.
Post a Comment