Sunday, June 14, 2009

Internal Musings

Well, in true fashion, I haven't written in a while. Sure, there have been a few topics I would like to cover, but when the time is available to write...the mind is weak. Ah well...I feel it now, so here it is.

I have a problem. It's nothing too serious...but it IS a problem. I am 1) easily distracted by the internet and 2) addicted to music. (Congratulations to the marketing people for both fields! Your job has been well done in my case)

Somewhere in my "quick" check of my email and facebook...I got distracted when I visited a blog and they had a song in their playlist.com player. Being curious, I clicked the "add" button and was delighted to see that I could add that song from their playlist to one of my own! Huzzah!

Ok, now I can hear some of you saying "well, duh!", but have mercy on me. I would have looked into this earlier, but I normally always got distracted on something else. I distract easy.

I have now spent HOURS compiling a list of music to have play on my blog. Do I really need the 100+ songs that Stephenie Meyer listened to while she was writting the Twilight Saga? No, I don't. I am SURE that no one who visits this blog will stay long enough to hear all those songs, but I do. During the work day, I pull up my blog and listen to the tunes that I picked out, which is much better than being forced to listen to an online radio station where, even though you have the flexibility to direct what type of music it plays by telling it if you liked or disliked a particular selection, it will still not play the song that you are longing to hear! 

I LOVE music! I don't care to disclose to you how much I have spent with iTunes, but let's just say that I am sure part of their Christmas bonuses last year were thanks to my spending habits. I have songs that are popular, songs that aren't, and even songs that only appeared briefly on commercials. When I am not listening to some form of music, you can rest assured that in my head, there is at least one song playing. As I write this, Blue October's Jump Rope is playing the background of my cranium.

I know I most likely don't have the largest collection of music, nor do I claim to. Normally, I won't purchase a song unless it has specific meaning to me or if it is uplifting and makes me happy. In fact, when I hear a song, I usually will attach a meaning to that song, that could potentially ruin it in the end. There have been several songs that I attached a reference of a person to and now I can't listen to that song. It's terrible.

I also know that my collection of music is not the most diverse, eclectic, knowledgeable or "good" by the standards of music professionals. That's ok. I am alright with that. 

What I DO know is that when I go to my ipod and scroll through the songs I will find the solutions to my soul. The keys to undoing whatever is wrong with my life or the jubilation I need to celebrate what's right in my life!

Music speaks to my soul. I don't just hear it with my heart, I hear it with my every fiber, nerve, cell and all throughout the interstitial fluid that fills the in between parts of my body. The music courses through my veins, pumps with my blood, soars with my adrenalin, and causes me to move without thought. It's part of me. 

Ever since I was little I LOVED to dance. I have pictures an pictures of me in some ridiculous leotard & tutu combination. All of which were my favorite outfits, I will have you know. 

Now I was not the best dancer and didn't have the opportunity to take dancing lessons much. I remember a small stint into tap dancing that never stuck and there was the dancing class when I was very little, but nothing beyond that. But I dance all the same. Still to this day, I dance. Usually not when anyone is looking, but that too is fading, because I just don't care anymore what you think of my dancing! 

But this is not the point of this post. "Yeah, yeah, yeah...she loves to dance. We get it! Blah, blah, blah!" Hahaha....no. This post was to convey the love of the music that tells comforts my soul and tells me how to dance. 

I know, without music, my life would be a VERY different place, so THANK GOODNESS for music!

Here's to good music! Here's to dancing to it like no one is watching! And here's to the internet that makes it so much more accessible! Now...I am afraid I have to leave you and head over to ebay...IF I don't get distracted along the way!

~Cheers!

1 comment:

Tim said...

I like your musings.