(My favorite picture of myself)
Weddings have been on my mind a lot lately. A good friend of mine is getting married and we have been looking at pictures of wedding dresses, rings and cakes. For a while now, when thinking about getting remarried, I have often though I wouldn't care so much about all the small stuff that brides stress out about. I still don't think I will be as stressed as I was before, but I forgot how much fun it was to plan a wedding.
So, because I have such a GREAT imagination, I have started to think about what I would do differently this time around if I got married again. The first difference would be going to the temple. Of course, this time I would do it right, making the temple my first priority. Which temple I would marry in, I am not sure. The Salt Lake City Temple is a beautiful temple with several places for beautiful pictures, but my heart isn't set on any particular temple.
The second thing is that I would probably get a simple wedding dress, but perhaps have a color on it. Maybe a vintage dress, instead of something modern.
As for a ring, well, this time I think I would choose a Moissanite stone (aka Simulated Diamond). You can get just as beautiful a stone for a huge deduction in cost. A plus here is that for any reason if you loose your ring, the compulsion to vomit is slightly less.
A good photographer is always a good idea, but this time I would most likely put the wedding video together myself.
If there was a reception, I would LOVE to have a dance floor! Make it a big party!! Cool and relaxed, everyone just having a good time and getting down to some good tunes.
Cake...well, probably make it myself, something small and simple, but with some fun or pizzaz and cupcakes for the guests with fruit.
This time, I wouldn't worry about the centerpieces, the colors...all the details that were so HUGE the first time, and now really don't matter. This time, most of the details I think would be up to the groom, especialy if he'd never been married before.
In truth, I don't really think I would mind getting married in something I would wear to church, with a simple silver band. It wouldn't matter to me as long as I had the right guy next to my side. The guy. I want to find a guy that looks at me as though I were the beginning and the end, the sunset he couldn't look away from, the most beautiful creature he's seen both inside and out.
If I could find a guy that loved me for all my strengths and even more for my flaws, who wanted to endure all the trials this life has to offer with me, who would love me despite my shape or size but rather for the depth of my heart, who wanted to achieve the same basic goals and could support me in mine...well, it wouldn't matter to me about all the details of the wedding.
Once upon a time, I was a princess bride...who stressed about the colors, and the cake, and the church hall, the table decorations, the invitations, the line, the dress, the ring....
...and then this princess grew up and realized that there are more important things than that.
This time around...it would be different.
P.S. I still would like the dress and all that...Lol...I am a girl after all! I am just saying...is all.
P.P.S. ~ Sorry about the horrible quality pics. I didn't have a scanner for the first one and the second one, I was just being lazy and didn't want to scan it. :)
(My second favorite picture of myself)
No comments:
Post a Comment