Saturday, October 17, 2009

....And she carried a .50 caliber Desert Eagle....

Today was...well...phenomenal. I must share.

When I woke, the sun was shining brightly through my windows. It was ten a.m.. I LOVE sleeping in! I started some laundry and tried to plan out my day.

Noon brought lunch with good friends at Joe's Cafe in Orem. If you are looking for great food...Joe had got it covered! Laughs, good friends and good eats...doesn't get much better than that! Or does it?!

In fact it does!

Upon exiting Joe's, Mark and Tim decided to go gun shopping...so I tagged along! I haven't looked at guns in a long time, but it was a lot of fun! We started at Gunnies...then perused Cabelas...and ended up at Get Some in Murray. Yes...Get Some. And we did!

Inside Get Some, they have a shooting range. I couldn't help but be drawn to the range counter looking at the rates to shoot. Tim decided that he wanted to give his brand of gun a little test drive and apparently I drooled a little too much because the manager at the counter asked if I was going to shoot. I must admit, my trigger was itching something fierce!

The manager then said "I have a just the gun for you and it looks like we have one box of ammo left"...magical and powerful words. I wasn't sure what gun it was that he thought I would like to sure and then he pointed to the .50 caliber Desert Eagle in the bottom right corner of the glass case, tucked away....


It was magnificent. It was seductive. It was taunting me...

I caved.

It was HUGE!!!

The manager loaded us up with all our gear and we headed into the range. Not having a whole lot of experience with a semi-auto pistol, I had Mark load it for me. I also had him shoot it first because I was chicken. It was a REALLY big gun.




I stepped up the lane. I took my stance.


I pulled the trigger...

....and fell in love.

The power was tremendous, the sound was shattering and I could feel the blast of air as the bullet jettisoned away from me.

Sweet adrenaline coursed through me as I pulled the trigger once, twice, three times.

Bliss.

Of course, the weight of the gun and the kick tired my arm quickly, so Mark and Tim stepped up to squeeze a few rounds off. This kind of fun should be shared!

It was only after that I realized the manager hadn't really thought that I would shoot that gun. Apparently he thought I would shy away from it. How very wrong he was...

After all the bullets were gone, a few kept for souvenirs, and the papers processed for Tim's new baby... the guys were good enough to take me to the Fashion Place mall so that I could get some lip gloss I have been lusting after and some new Skull Candy ear buds, since mine have shorted out.

Seriously...good food, wonderful friends, shooting a serious gun and topping it off with lip gloss?!!



Superb day! One for the books.

Thanks Mark and Tim!


1 comment:

--jeff * said...

dang. sounds seriously awesome. glad you had fun.