Wow. I am not really sure how it happened, but is it April already?? It feels like just yesterday that April felt a million light years away!
Ok, down to business the results of my 2011 New Year's Resolutions and the year Rundown:
1) Prayer & Scriptures Daily ~ While I did really well on the prayers, the scriptures were a bit harder, but I am picking them back up a bit more lately. Must improve.
2) Temple Attendance ~ not as good as I would have wanted, but I still made it a few times...in fact, there was a time where I was going once a week...sadly, life took over and I am back to trying to make it a priority.
3) Attend all church meetings and fulfilling callings ~ on this one, I feel like I deserve a gold star
4) More Services ~ They can't all be gold stars...
5) Get to the gym....eat healthier....*cough*
6) Go back to school...nope! Sure didn't do anything near this one!
7) Date ~ This one I did and rather well I think...but more about that in the rundown
8) Be possitive, confident & trust ~ While I don't really believe this deserves a full gold star, I would be happy giving it a silver!
9 & 10) Try new things & Travel More ~ I feel like I did fairly well here considering I traveled outside the country for the first time, which was pretty big for me. Two birds...one stone...awesome!
11) Stop caring what others think ~ Check! It seems the older I get the less I give a rat's brown butt what you think of me and what I am doing! As long as I am keeping the comandments and living how I feel it good for me, then I feel pretty good!
Treats from 2011 or The Rundown:
I decided early on that this year was going to be MY year! I was going to be awesome, feel awesome and do awesome things!
First and foremost, Trevor came home off of his Mission and while I was just sick with relief and gratitude for him being home...thiking that things would be awesome and we'd hang out...etc...he had other plans in mind! Lol. It's scary how much these boys grow into their own men while they are out serving the Lord. It soon became evident, that while I was family and loved...I had better have other plans, because he had plans like crazy with friends and what not!
Good thing I did too! February not only brought my big 3-0, but this year for my gift to myself, I went on a cruise! I traveled for the first time outside of the United States and went with Mark, Rocio & Gina to the Caribbean! I was a little unsure, again, how someone of my palor would so out on the sandy beach all day long, but did you know that if you lather enough sunscreen on, you can spend a week in the Caribbean and not look like it when you come back? Huh, neither did I, but it's a true story folks!
I finally moved out and rented an apartment with my friends Tricia and Kylee. Good times were had and I found a resurgence in my reliance on myself! While it was a short arrangement, I really loved living with these girls! In August, I made another move to a shared townhome with my now roommates Erica and Emily. It's been a great place to live as well and I am proud to say that I have taken full advantage of the hot tub while living here.
Now on to the bigger stuff for 2011...one of my goals for this past year was to date and boy howdy did I date! Around the begining of June, after having a short fling, I signed up for online dating on eHarmony as well as LDSMingle.com. While there were a few contenders, some fantastically bad dates, and a guy that would much rather have my photo than actually meet me...one guy stood out over the others!
I started dating Chris July 23, 2011 and we have pretty much been together everyday since. In August he helped me move to my new place and helped me get things arranged. When we went to Ikea and I had him help me move things from one display over to another to see how they looked...he took it in stride and didn't complain once! In September, we drove 13 hours in the cramped back seat (affectionately called "The Nest") down to Yuma and back for Eliza's baptism. We shared the fantastic stargazing at 5 in the morning and it felt like a little bit of heaven. In November, we had Thanksgivings with family and friends and in December we started getting serious about the idea of getting married. Christmas was wonderful. Never have I had such a loving, caring and thoughtful man in my life!
And New Years Eve, while visiting Temple Square before they took down the lights, in front of the Christus statue, he asked me to be his wife for this life and the life to come!
He makes me laugh more than anyone, he keeps me sane, calms me and helps me have fun! I am one LUCKY woman!
So that was my fantastic 2011! I think it most definitely was MY year and 2012 will most definitely be OUR year for Chris & myself!
What will the remaining 3 quarters of 2012 bring??
This is the part of the post that explains The 60 Day Hump. 60 days. That's all I have left before I am officially a wife!!! Gah, where DID the time go??
Well, so far the calendar looks like ~ April 25 engagement pics, May 9th Bridal/Groomal pics, June 1st is the Party (reception, or whatever!) and June 2nd is the wedding!! SLC Temple here we come! This will be followed by a mini honeymoon, but we are hoping to have a full fledged cruis honeymoon later in the year (can you tell I had a good time on my first cruise?). In the mean time, I still have to finish the guest lists, get invitations printed and sent out, find a place to live and move, get my place rented out, find Chris something to wear at this crazy shinding....the list goes on and on I assure you and with only 60 days left to do it in....yeah....
Here's my reasolution list for 2012:
1)Daily scriptures & prayer
2)Get out of debt or seriously reduce debt
3)Keep budget
4)Diet, stretch & exercise daily
5)Better at callings
6)Stop bitting my nails for good
7)More temple attendance
8)Bear my testimony more
9)Do more geneology work
10)Read all of my religious books that I own (this one is fairly lofty...so it might be on my resolutions for while)
11)Be more organized and keep my room clean (I have issues with this one)
12)Blog a bit more than I have in the last year
Happy 2012 to all you people that got your New Year Post up WAY before I did!! Keep smiling! :D It's going to be a glorious year!
1 comment:
This really was your year! And I can hear you glowing as you write :)
I am SO happy for you! Miss you tons!
Post a Comment