Thursday, April 30, 2009

Desert Gypsy Dance Company

Since there are many of you that follow me only through my blog, I decided I would write a post about my latest endeavor.

When Trevor went on his mission, I decided that the BEST way to make the time go by faster would be to take some classes in the community. One of the classes was a Belly Dancing class, something I have always wanted to try!

For those of you that know me best, this is not that surprising, because I am always moving and shaking to whatever music I can find.

The class that I took through the community was only a six week course, but I absolutely loved it! At the end of the class, we had a performance, and though I was scared out of my mind, I enjoyed performing! I enjoyed the class on such a level, that when it was mentioned that there were available spots on the Troupe and tryouts were coming up, I was thrilled at the possibility of continuing on!

Well, over the past month or so since my little community course ended, I have been going to the classes on Tuesday night and working with the Troupe, learning what kind of effort and stamina is expected of those on the Troupe. It's hard work!

Last Tuesday night, I tried out. Even though I was really nervous (it is so much worse to have people you know and like critique you) and made SEVERAL mistakes in the trial routine, they gave me the opportunity to join the Troupe! I am very excited to really get started!

Here is the webside for Desert Gypsy Dance Company: http://www.desertgypsydanceco.com/index.html

There are three different dance troupes. I will be dancing with Desert Melody. All the ladies in the class are awesome!

Also, here is the Blog for DGDC: http://desertgypsydanceco.blogspot.com/

I am a little behind most of these ladies, not having danced this style of dance before the beginning of this year, but I feel confident that if I work on the moves with regularity, I will achieve the level I need to be!

Here is a link to view the video of my in my performance in March: http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=648083809&k=3WD4XYQYV2ZM5EC1XEV2QS

Enjoy! And I will keep you updated on when and where I will be performing!

No comments: