Day 1: Fly to Seattle. Pick up the SWEETEST Full-size rental car (Mercury Grand Marquis) and dub it the Maude-Mobile. Lunch at McD's! Ferry. Got lost on the way to Port Angeles. Drive. Drive. Drive. Walmart for groceries. Welcome to the Cabin! Dinner at Sulleys (best burgers in Forks!), shopping in the Thriftway grocery store. Built fire in the fireplace. Phew!!! LONG day!!!
Day 2: Get ready for day. Visitor Center. Take the Self-guided Twilight Tour. Go to the Thriftway again with the Cali girls Donna, Jackie & Tiff, because they hadn't been there yet. Subway - say hello to our favorite underage illegal subway boys! (hahaha...jk). Beach at Sunset & Bonfire baby!!!
Day 3: Get ready for day. Drive to the Hoh rainforest, but change mind and look for Big Cedar that is just scary. Find a big cedar...but not THE Big Cedar...keep looking. Stop at Kalaloche gas station & fill up on with OLLLLDDD SCHOOL pump! Find creepy scary Big Cedar. Go to Kalaloche Beach 4, since we were down that far, but the tide was in, so no beach wandering. Back to Forks without seeing the Hoh. Back to First Beach/La Push for Quileutte storytelling around bonfire. Dancing in the new Millcreek Bar & Grill that had the best games and a very nice live band. Danced the night away!!!
Day 4: Got ready. Went shopping in local stores of Forks. Lunch at Sulleys. Dressed up for Dinner at Bella Italia. Ended the evening dancing again at Millcreek with our new good friends! (Joe, Ryan, Phil, Zane, Michelle, Matt, Paul & Jaime) GOOD TIMES!!!!
Day 5: Got ready. Packed. Drove to souvenir shop near the Hoh rainforest and got hoodies. Drive, Drive, DRIVE to the Airport. Say goodbye to Maude-Mobile. Flight home. Lost the car in Economy parking...but found it shortly! hahaha. Home again, home again!!!
I know this is a VERY short synopsis of my trip, but as you will note, I have attached lots of pics again...and they say pics are worth 1000 words, so there you have it!
A warning...I am a self-portrait junky, and lots of the pictures are of just me, but since it's my blog...I figure I can self-indulge as much as I like! hahahah
People always ask me "Why? Why are you going to Forks for vacation?" my answer is for you to look at the pictures and captions below and then I would simply state....
"Yeah...because it's something like that! Forks Baby!!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment