Anyway, I started thinking about some of the things in this life that I love while I was in the shower. The hotel has a FABULOUS hot water tank, so when my internal clock said "ok...time to get out of the shower! we don't want to use up all the hot water", I quickly replied "yes, we do! We are paying for it!" and I let the hot water beat the knots out of my neck for at least another fifteen minutes. It was bliss. Nothing quite like nice hot water. I will say this about the water though. After living my entire life with hard water and then showing in soft, I think I prefer the hard. The soft water left me feeling like I still had soap in my hair and on my skin, so I wasn't sure if I had gotten clean or not. It was too slickery.
So hot water is one of my little pleasures of life, right along with blankets. I am without a doubt, a blanket-aholic. I love blankets. I wouldn't mind buying more than I could ever need. I enjoy walking through the stores touching the fabrics of the blankets that they are selling. I enjoy snuggling down in them all warm and cuddly. There is nothing quite like sitting next to the fireplace wrapped in a warm blanket on a cold day. I was in walmart recently, and they had a comforter that I had difficulty walking away from. It was very soft and a wonderful shade of baby blue. Of course, my better sense reminded me of the ten different blankets that I already had at home that were similar and the red corduroy comforter that I have and love, so why buy this? So I sighed, and walked on.
And touch. The sense of feeling. Like I mentioned earlier, I enjoy walking through stores touching the fabrics of clothes or blankets. I am not really sure why exactly. Perhaps, when it is clothing, it is to see if would be comfortable to wear. Regardless of the reason, I just enjoy it. Especially the really soft stuff, like stuffed animals that are made for babies. They make them really soft.
So anyway, I have mentally added these little things to my "Simple Joys In Life" list.
No comments:
Post a Comment