In remembrance of the day I left two months ago to go on Vacation to Forks, WA, I thought it was only fitting to put up one of my favorite pics. Granted, it is not the most becoming photo of yours truly, but it encapsulates the entire trip really. Because of that trip I have some very dear life-long friends, whom we affectionately call the NRG 6! (sup ladies ;) word to your coven! hahaha)
I can honestly say I don't think I have ever had so much fun or so many laughs than I did that weekend! All we did was loose sleep, laugh until we cried and caused trouble (most of which started with me, thus why the picture is so fitting)!
Still, I really do think that I left a part of my heart behind. I think I could have walked up and down that beach forever, staring into the ocean at nothing in particular, on a horrible day (that was absolutely breath-taking) and just contemplate life. I didn't think that the beach would have been my favorite location of the whole trip, but while other locations came in very close second and third, the beach was indeed my favorite. As always, I am attracted to water. Mesmerized and terrified of it all at the same time; parts of me wanting to jump into the icy swells and the other part petrified of such thoughts.
Two months today I took my real first adventure alone and loved every minute of it, found beauty in everything and gave myself permission to be myself to the core; taking as many dorky pictures as I cared to be in. This picture is just one of the highlights. Forks was like going home and going somewhere new all at the same time.
Very rarely are we given such opportunities in this life to stop and enjoy what is around us. I am so glad that I had that possibility!
To my ladies...a few words of fun filled nostalgia: "Oh Crabby Patties!", "For the Love", "You've got to be S#!tting me!", "So...was it NRG?", "POPO Dixon", "Snack Box" (all variations, i.e. "Snack That!"), "We spooned in Forks", "She had a half-vamp baby" and the all time favorite...."It's Forks Baby!"
I can't wait for the next NRG party! See you in 10 days...and don't forget your contacts or glitter! Muwaahahahaha!!!!
1 comment:
IT'S FORK'S BABY!!!!! I think you summed are trip up nicely. I am so glad we went, and I'm even more glad for the friendship we all formed. B, you are the best and I can't wait to have some more NRG time!!!! Nine days baby, nine days!!! Woohoo!!!
Post a Comment