Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twilight Premier Party

Today was a rat race almost from the get go out of the gate! We had our Twilight Premier party this evening and I was playing in the glitter booth. As a souvenir, I have given myself carpal tunnel syndrom and cannot feel the tip of my right index finger, which makes typing this very difficult, so please appreciate the effort! Hahaha...just kidding! Thanks for reading. Oh yeah, I will most likely die tomorrow from the carcinogens of the noxious fumes from of glitter cans and I have found glitter in places that I know shouldn't have it! My eyes are blurry from the contacts that are begging to be taken out and my back is killing me! I am exhausted!

So...you have to ask...was it worth it? Yeah, it was! I love getting together with my friends and having a good time! And I have to say this about the movie, since I have officially watched it through now three times in 24hrs: it gets better and better each time I watch it! 

As a "big" fan, at first, I was not so sure about the movie, sure I liked it, but there were parts where I was like "nice...they couldn't have done that a little better?" By the second show, I was feeling better about it and by the end of this last show...I know I will watch it over and over again, time and time again. It won't be because it was superbly done,  but more that in two hours, I can get the base emotions that the book envokes. The storyline is similar enough to the book that it can be a quick fix....plus when they say a picture is worth a thousand words...then imagine what a clip of a movie is worth...especially some of the ones in this movie!

My point...not that I have one at this time of night with only four hours of sleep under my belt in a 48 hour period, still high off of glitter fumes and tired beyond belief...is that the teenage girl in me loved the movie and it will most likely be a favorite of mine for a long while, just like Harry Potter. It had all that I wanted: wonderfully vivid action, blood-boiling & heart stopping romantic moments and just the right amount of humor.




No comments: