It was even better the next time I saw it, which was directly after seeing the first showing, at 2:45 am! It flowed better the second time and my conscious wasn't trying desperately to match it up with the book. Of course, there are a few things in there that are a bit too "cheese" for my tastes, and the CGI TOTALLY could have been upped an notch, I wished there was more of certain characters and less of others, but all in all...the overall movie was buy worthy in my humble opinion. But let's be honest here...you never doubted I would buy it! Hahahah
So tonight is the Twilight Premier party and I am on the planning board. I will be running the glitter booth, but hopefully I will get some great pics!
1 comment:
Believe it or not, I actually was quite interested to hear your review.
It's always somewhat frightening to see a book you adore made into a film. There are basically three categories they fall into:
1) Failure: the most common category. The movie fails to live up to even the basic premise of the book. Think Troy being based on The Iliad.
2) Acceptable: not as common, but not an absolute rarity. While not perfect, the movie makes acceptable changes and is still very enjoyable. Lord of the Rings is a good example.
3) Surpassing: very rare occurrence. When the movie actually surpasses the book in quality. One of the only examples I can think of is Jaws.
Y'know, I might make a blog post out of this. I'll have to think about it a bit more.
Post a Comment